Why adopt an ISO 14001 Environmental management system?
It provides you with the tools to reduce your environmental impacts, comply with UK legislation and reduce the risk of litigation.
It helps you to improve efficiency and profitability.
Certification of your management system confirms that it meets internationally recognised quality standards.
It enables you to comply with customer requirements to compete in EU and world markets.
What does it involve and how AHIS help you?
An environmental management system starts with monitoring the environmental impacts of your business then looks at how you can manage this more effectively.
The following key areas are considered; raw matierals, product design and manufacture, energy consumption, waste management, discharges and emissions, storage and movement of materials previous incidents, and how they were handled.
We help you to analyse your business with respect to; the environmental risk that it poses; the relervant regulations and standards; best practice; expectations of customers; employees and suppliers; and insurance cover.
We help and guide you to develop your Environmental Management system and Implement the changes for 2015 ISO 9001 in order to prepare for independent assessments & the regular certification body assessments.
Benefits to your organisation
- Increased assurance of compliance with legislation and regulations.
- Enhanced external recognition from regulators, the public, customers, shareholders and local neighbours.
- Cost savings through efficient use of resources and minimised waste.
- Better access to permits and authorisations.
- Lower insurance premiums due to reduced likelihood of environmental incidents.
- Competitive business advantages.
- Improved public image.