There are thousands of accidents in the workplace every year. Statistics from the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) for 2020/21. Statistics show 142 workers were killed at work. 0.4 million injuries were reported under Riddor. The Corona Virus (Covid 19) pandemic has impacted health and safety statistics in 2020/21. No new data on working days lost and economic costs is available. 93,000 workers suffering from Covid 19 in 20/21 believed to be from exposure to corona virus at work.
The HSE completed 185 prosecution cases and secured a conviction. And 2,929 enforcement notices were issued by HSE and local authorities.
13,000 deaths each year estimated to be linked to past exposure at work.
An effective health and safety management system will help to reduce the risk of work-related ill health and injury. Failing to manage health and safety properly can be far more costly to you than getting it right in the first place.
Why Manage Safety?
Legal Compliance – Health & Safety is both a criminal and a civil matter.
Failure to manage safety can have serious financial implications – and even put an organisation out of business.
It is a matter of common humanity.What does it involve and how can AHIS help you?
We help you to create an effective heath & safety management system by; developing a health & safety policy; conducting risk assessments; putting in place preventative measures to control risks; reviewing and documenting your procedures. In order to achieve ISO 45001 when necessary or required.
Benefits to your organisation
- Maximise the well-being and productivity of employees.
- Prevent people getting injured, ill or killed as a result of their work.
- Prevent damage to the company’s reputation in the eyes of customers, competitors, suppliers, other stakeholders and the wider community.
- Encourage better relationships with your contractors and more effective contracted activities.
- Minimise the likelihood of prosecution and consequent penalties.
- Avoid damaging effects on turnover and profitability.