There are thousands of accidents in the workplace every year. Statistics from the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) for 2018/19. Statistics show 147 workers were killed at work. 69,208 injuries were reported under Riddor. An estimated 28.2 million working days were lost due to workplace injury.
The HSE completed 364 prosecution cases and secured a conviction. And 11,040 enforcement notices were issued by HSE and local authorities.
12,000 deaths each year estimated to be linked to past exposure at work.
An effective health and safety management system will help to reduce the risk of work-related ill health and injury. Failing to manage health and safety properly can be far more costly to you than getting it right in the first place.
Why Manage Safety?
Legal Compliance – Health & Safety is both a criminal and a civil matter.
Failure to manage safety can have serious financial implications – and even put an organisation out of business.
It is a matter of common humanity.What does it involve and how can AHIS help you?
We help you to create an effective heath & safety management system by; developing a health & safety policy; conducting risk assessments; putting in place preventative measures to control risks; reviewing and documenting your procedures. In order to achieve ISO 45001 when necessary or required.
Benefits to your organisation
- Maximise the well-being and productivity of employees.
- Prevent people getting injured, ill or killed as a result of their work.
- Prevent damage to the company’s reputation in the eyes of customers, competitors, suppliers, other stakeholders and the wider community.
- Encourage better relationships with your contractors and more effective contracted activities.
- Minimise the likelihood of prosecution and consequent penalties.
- Avoid damaging effects on turnover and profitability.